Identity Management Portal¶
CCR's Identity Management Portal (IDM) provides users with an easy to use interface for managing their CCR user accounts. Existing users can access the IDM portal here. Don't have a CCR user account yet? see here for more info on creating an account. Common account management tasks include:
- Changing your password
- Reset your password if it was forgotten
- Manage two factor authentication
- Manage SSH keys
Access to the IDM portal is restricted to UB and Roswell Park networks (either on campus or connected to their VPN services). See here
Change your CCR password¶
To change your existing CCR password, login to the identity management
portal and click on the
Password option on the
menu. Enter your current password, then enter your new password and confirm it
before clicking the
If you forgot your password or can not login using the password you think you
set, navigate to the identity management portal,
enter your username and click the
Next button. Click the
link. You'll be asked for your username and to enter the numbers seen in the
captcha picture. Then click the
Submit button. You will receive an email
with further instructions.
Things to keep in mind:
- You can only change your password once per hour. If you attempt to change it more that, you will get an error and will need to wait for the hour to pass before attempting to change it again.
- The link contained in the password reset email is valid for 15 minutes.
- If you don't receive an email promptly, please check your spam or junk folder.
- If you click on this link and it doesn't work, try to copy the full URL from the end of the email and paste it in your browser.
- You will need to select a strong password (or passphrase) that is at least 8 characters and includes a combination of letters and numbers. For information on selecting a strong password, please visit UBIT's password website.
If you have two factor authentication enabled, you will be required to enter the OTP code from the authentication app you've associated with your CCR account. This is a 6 digit code that changes every 30 seconds.
Manage Two Factor Authentication¶
We require users to have two factor authentication (2FA) enabled on their CCR account. The only service you'll be able to login without 2FA enabled is the IDM portal so that you're able to link an authenticator app to your account. Once 2FA is enabled, you can use the IDM portal for managing your 2FA settings and devices. For more detailed information on 2FA please see here
Manage SSH Keys¶
The IDM portal allows users to manage the SSH public keys associated with their CCR account. SSH key pairs allow you to login using SSH to CCR's login nodes. The private ssh key stays on our local machine and the matching public key is uploaded to your CCR account.
You can add new ssh keys by logging into the IDM
portal and clicking on the
SSH Keys menu
option. If your ssh key pair is ever compromised or lost, you can login to the
IDM portal and delete it which will immediately revoke it on all CCR's servers.
Two factor auth required
You will not be able to upload SSH keys to the IDM portal unless you have two factor authentication enabled.
For more information on creating ssh keys and logging in to the login nodes, see here